Previously I recommended Smart Publishing People and Great Writing and Publishing Communities for Indie authors, this week I’m directing you to fantastic resources for Staying on Top of Publishing Changes.
If you hit a publishing snag, or are just committed to rocking your chosen industry as an Indie author (you are, right?!) these sites and individuals will certainly help you along the way!
22. Publisher’s Lunch: They have a fantastic newsletter you can subscribe to which is all about publishing changes, what’s new, what’s happening, what’s being sold and what’s coming up. It’s $20 a month to subscribe if you want the paid version which also gives you access to their extensive database. It’s worth it for Indie authors since you’re not being backed by a publisher who should be tracking all of this. http://lunch.publishersmarketplace.com/
23. Digital Book World: This site is packed with blog posts, some of them from guest experts, on all things publishing and marketing. It’s free to sign up and every day you’ll get a great email packed with links to helpful blog posts and insights – this includes a lot of new information on indie publishing too so don’t miss it! http://www.digitalbookworld.com/
24. BookLife: Sponsored by Publisher’s Weekly, BookLife is dedicated to news and education for all things indie author. http://booklife.com/
25. Writer Beware: If you’re going to be in this industry as an Indie author you should know that like every market, there are people who will want to take advantage of you. Know who they are before you sign on the dotted line. This site has been around for years and is a great and invaluable resource for authors.http://www.sfwa.org/other-resources/for-authors/writer-beware/
26. Galley Cat: Another great site for all things publishing news, I’m addicted, you should be, too. http://www.adweek.com/galleycat/
27. JA Konrath’s Blog: JA is a super outspoken advocate for indie publishing. An author himself, JA is not shy about taking to task people and companies who want to take advantage of the little guy. Some of the sparing he does on his blog is also quite amusing! http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/