I’ve always loved libraries. In my youth I was a regular visitor to our local library where the world opened up to me through books and reading.
A few months ago I created a post, 20 of the Most Beautiful Libraries in the World, at my author blog. So many people enjoyed it that I have created another post with images of 17 of the most unusual libraries in the world.
Important Note: these are not my photos and credits are provided with a mouseover of each image.
1. Liyuan Library, China
2. Cottbus Library, Brandenburg, Germany
3. Vennesla Library, Norway
4. Kanazawa Umimirai Library, Kanazawa City, Japan
5. Royal Danish Library (the Black Diamond)
6. Vancouver Central Library, Canada
7. Jose Vasconcelos Library, Mexico
8. Stuttgart City Library, Germany
9. The National Library of Sejong City, Korea
10. Aberdeen University: Sir Duncan Rice Library
11. National Library Belarus
12. Alexandria Library, Egypt
13. Library of Parliament, Ottawa, Canada
14. Tripitaka Koreana, Korea
15. Biblioteca Sandro Penna, Italy
16. The Kansas City Public Library’s Parking Garage, USA
17. St. Catherine’s Monastery, Egypt
18. BiblioBurros, Colombia
Here is a link to the CNN story on BiblioBurros.